Ok so I’m a little excited. Firstly this morning started off fantastically with a 1 pound weight loss after carbing up (I am seeing a pattern that I actually drop weight the day after the carb up… weird) and secondly I added pumpkin pie spice to my morning coffee which is about 2 cups of coffee + 1/4 c. skim milk + 1 pkg splenda and now featuring a dash or 3 of pumpkin pie spice. Love it! Thirdly, I have one month left to my first ever fitness competition!
This last month is so crucial to success and I have a big to do list/plan that I will share with you. Please take this in the context that this is my first competition, I am designing my own diet and training plan and everything I do is based on lots of research but little to no experience other than talking to helpful people. So with that in mind this is my plan:
- Cardio 5 – 6 times per week, at least 3 sessions of 50 mins on the stair climber and 2-3 other sessions including sprints on high carb days
- Weights 5 days per week
- Legs – 4 rounds of super sets with a hamstring and glute focus, 1 minute rest between sets, keep the weights as heavy as possible
- Push and abs – high reps (12-20) of push-ups and lighter weight exercises plus 2 heavier sets and 3-4 sets of ab exercises hitting all different areas
- Pull – start with heavy weight in 8-12 rep range doing one set each for lats, rhomboid and combination, then 3 sets of 15-20 reps lighter weight, same grouping
- Legs – circuit of 6-7 exercises at least 2 plyometric moves and only 30 seconds rest between exercises, 2 mins rest between circuits
- Shoulders and abs – 5-6 exercises alternating high and low rep ranges depending on type of exercise hitting all three deltoid head then 3-4 sets of abs
- Continue carb cycling with 2 days low carb, 1 day high carb, 3 days low, 1 day high
- Focus more on timing the carbs on the high carb days around breakfast and pre- and post- workout with lower carbs the rest of the day
- Currently eating 1600-1800 calories per day, drop range by 100 calories per day each week going no lower than 1300 calories on a low-end day
- Absolutely no gluten
- Cut out milk/dairy 2 weeks pre-contest
- Tanning 3 times per week with a tanning accelerator
- Use a pro tanning product day before the show (maybe Jan Tana?)
- Make sure bikini fits and bling it out
- Find/make a costume for the costume round – IDEAS PLEASE?! – I was thinking of being a flower fairy or a super hero… thoughts?
- Buy clear plastic heels and practice walking in them toe to heel (yes I apparently have to re-learn house to walk
- Decide on poses and practice them
If this looks like a daunting list that’s because it is! I feel a little overwhelmed, but I have come this far so there is no turning back.
I will post more progress pics tomorrow, I think I will start posting them every friday so that you can see what the progression is leading up to the competition.Now, I promised you a recipe for the awesome Oatmeal that I had on my carb up day yesterday… so here it is:
Raspberries and Cream Oatmeal
The ingredients are:
- 1/3 c. large flake oats
- 1/2 c. water
- 1/2 c. egg whites
- 1/4 c. skim milk
- 1/2 c. raspberries (frozen or fresh)
- 1 pkg. splenda (or sweetener of choice to taste)
- 1 -2 tbsp. 2% plain greek yogurt
- Combine water, egg whites and oats in a sauce pan and bring to a boil over high heat stirring frequently.
- When boiling, turn heat to low and simmer until very thick while stirring frequently.
- Add the splenda and raspberries and stir to combine and break up the raspberries throughout.
- Add the milk which will thin in considerably and bring back to a boil until desired thickness is reached.
- Serve in a bowl and top with the greek yogurt and a couple extra raspberries if you want to be fancy.
Nutritional Information: Cals – 340 Carbs – 43 g Fats – 5 g Protein – 32 g
* if you use caloric sweetener remember to add that into the calories and macro count.
- Progress photos and work – gym – (no) life balance (onthegofitness.wordpress.com)
- Skinny, Crust-less, Pumpkin Pie (tasteoftheweekend.com)