In general I live a pretty healthy lifestyle. Unfortunately there is a bit of a pendulum effect and the more strict you try to be the more you want to rebel against these restrictions. That’s why I maintain that you sort of have to “sneak up” on health changes.
I have been a little bad over the past few months. Not consistently bad. My eating and exercise are still probably 80% there, but the other 20% is way worse than it should be. I have been indulging in sweets and alcohol too often and my portion sizes seem to be creeping up along with the scale. I’ve tried to reaffirm my good habits with some goal settings, but I’ve been undisciplined for too long now. My will power has gotten a little lazy as of late.
So let’s take it back a notch. Baby steps.
Let’s do a daily and a weekly goal for now and just get that will power flexing again.
Goals for today:
Zero sugar – this includes raisins, which I have been indulging in, honey, maple syrup and artificial sweeteners (other than stevia)
Honey Comb (Photo credit: beepollenhub)
Back workout – do 30 minutes of cardio and a full back workout right after work
Goals for the week:
No grains – I have been having popcorn too often because it’s a grain that is gluten free and I love it, so not allowing any grains this week will help kick that to the curb.
No dairy – my skin has been breaking out from all the dairy I’ve been consuming between the yogurt, the lattes, and the cheeses. No more!
Get in 4 workouts – I’ve been pretty consistent with at least 3 workouts per week, but I want to get in that extra one.
No alcohol – I don’t typically drink very often, but there seem to have been a few too many “occasions” recently.
The reason I am not making these overarching goals is because I won’t stick to it 100%, which is fine… usually. But I’m going off my plans a little too often so taking things day by day and week by week makes it way easier. I can commit to just about anything for a week… that’s only 7 days!
Next Monday I’ll let you know if I succeeded. :)