So I’m terrible at remembering to take pictures of the food I eat on Tuesdays. Yesterday was a little odd and I was super (like extra super) hungry and ended up “snacking” aka mowing down on like half bag of tostitos and delicious salsa. Really not the most horrible of cheats since (1) they are gluten-free and (2) it was probably still only like 500 calories and I had a few calories to play with since I aiming for between 1800 and 2000 cals per day. Nonetheless a sweet potato would probably have been the better option.
So no pictures for What I Ate Wednesday, but this is the breakdown anyways:
Breakfast (pre-workout) – 1/2 c. non fat greek yogurt, 1/2 c. raspberries and 1 tbsp of pumpkin seeds all mixed up
PWO snack – Chocolate protein shake mixed with a doppio espresso (seriously love this… like a cold mocha after a workout) plus 2 rice cakes and a tbsp of peanut butter… I followed this up with my 1 oz of pecan that was supposed to be for the afternoon because I was starving for some reason
Lunch – 6 oz of organic pork chop and 1 cup snap peas sauteed in butter
Afternoon Snack – 1 measly orange because I already ate my pecans 😦
Dinner – A small chicken leg (thigh and drumstick) with skin on and 1 cup broccoli
TV snack – 3-4 servings of tostitos with amount 1/2 c of salsa
And even with the TV snacking terribleness I came to:
Calories – 2117 Carbs – 162 Fats – 93 Protein – 162
I woke up this morning and my arms looked so puffy from the late night carbs. Apparently I was a little depleted!
Speaking of mornings… I’ve been keeping up with my morning workouts for 2 weeks now and I think my body is finally adjusting. Today was the first morning I had energy, and boy did I need it! I did this workout with my best friend and both of us had shaky knees by the end… and because gym people are smart (not) they put all the leg equipment on the 3rd floor… genius!
Morning Leg Workout
All exercises were done with 3 sets and 8-12 reps
5 minute warm up on the treadmill
– Jumping squats (to get that CNS firing and further warm up)
– Squat and press with an olympic bar braced in a corner and a 45 pound plate (this is actually the first time I’ve done these and I loved them, really gets the whole body, even calves, involved)
– Narrow stance squats – 115 lbs, 135 lbs, and 165 lbs!
– Straight leg deadlifts – 135 lbs, 155lbs and 155lbs (my lower back was not feeling great so I listened to my body and so should you)
– Hamstring curl machine – 90 lbs for all sets
– Hamstring curls with a stability ball
– Hip thrusters – 80 pound dumbbell
– Crunches on a stability balls – 15 reps for each set
Have a great Wednesday!
- WIAW# – What I ate Wednesday – Start of the Whole30 (swissfitchick.wordpress.com)